ADVENTURE RUNNING X combines trail running, navigation, cross country running and obstacles into a fun and muddy eco-adventure that also teaches problem solving skills that are valuable in training, racing and life.
ADVENTURE RUNNING X (ARX) is an adventure running program for teenagers who want to build on their previous Adventure Running Kids®, cross country running, and/or outdoor adventure experience and meet other adventure athletes. ARX begins to incorporate formalized training methods and race tactics while continuing the fun and muddy adventure from Adventure Running Kids. At the end of season participants compete against all ARX teens from the different locations at ARKFEST.
ADVENTURE RUNNING X has four programs for teens born in 2004 or earlier.
- U14 ARX (ages 13-14) - Born in 2004 or 2003.
- U18 ARX (ages 13-18) - Born in 2004 or earlier.
- ARX XCEL (ages 13-18) - An optional 2nd weeknight of navigation training and racing per week
- ARXtra (ages 13-18) - An optional 2nd weeknight of ARX for double the fun! (Niagara only)
- TRAVEL SQUAD (ages 13-18)
U14/U18ARX: $140/season* + $10 compass rental
* Cost includes one hour per week of weeknight programming over the 12-week season, free participation in the end of season ARKFEST (June 11), and HST.This season, we are trying a new way of managing our compasses. We will be renting a compass to each person for $10 (There will be a $30 deposit and $20 will be refunded at the end of the season when the compass is returned). This compass will be the personal compass of the participant for the whole season. He/she will take it home and it will be up to the participant to bring their compass on navigation nights. We will also be offering a basic thumb compass ($30) and a premium thumb compass ($55) for purchase.The basic thumb compass is a good compass and is suitable for all ARX sessions. The premium thumb compass has a faster, more stable needle and should be considered by those interested in attending races.You can also provide your own compass but it must be a specialty sport orienteering compass. These compasses are very uncommon in the general retail market so unless you purchased a compass specifically for sport orienteering/adventure running it is unlikely to be the correct type. Please feel free to ask if you are unsure. If you do bring your own compass and we decide that it is not suitable, we will ask you to rent one.
ARX XCEL: $100/season (must be registered in an ARX program)*
*Cost includes all 6 Fall 2017 Xleague races, 6 1 hour weeknight training sessions, and entry to all Fall DGL races and HST.
ARX XCEL is a 2nd night of ARX a week for those interested in doing more navigation.
ARXtra: $70/season (Niagara only; must be registered in ARX program)
ADVENTURE RUNNING X LOCATIONS
Adventure Running X runs in all the same locations as our ARK programs except for Stoney Creek.
Clicking on the location link will take you to the ARK location page, this will give you the location meet points throughout the season.
DontGetLost Adventure Running offers adventure running programs for youth aged 6-18.
ADVENTURE RUNNING KIDS® is an adventure running program for kids aged 6-12.
ADVENTURE RUNNING X is an adventure running program for teenagers aged 13-18.